Barack Obama whose full names are Barack Hussein Obama II was born on August 4, 1961. He is the 44th President of the United States and the first president of African-American descent. Obama won the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize in 2009.
Here are 15 Powerful quotes of Barack Obama
- Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.
- I’m not interested in the suburbs. The suburbs bore me. And I’m not interested in isolating myself. I feel good when I’m engaged in what I think are the core issues of the society, and those core issues to me are what’s happening to poor folks in this society.
- I cannot swallow whole the view of Lincoln as the Great Emancipator.
- I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be President of the United States of America.
- We have real enemies in the world. These enemies must be found. They must be pursued and they must be defeated.
- At the time of his death, my father remained a myth to me, both more and less than a man.
- Someone once said that every man is trying to either live up to his father’s expectations or make up for his father’s mistakes, and I suppose that may explain my particular malady as well as anything else.
- It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun. Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today.
- Issues are never simple. One thing I’m proud of is that very rarely will you hear me simplify the issues.
- And I will do everything that I can as long as I am President of the United States to remind the American people that we are one nation under God, and we may call that God different names but we remain one nation.
- All the money in the world won’t boost student achievement if parents make no effort to instil in their children the values of hard work and delayed gratification.
- We lose ourselves when we compromise the very ideals that we fight to defend. And we honour those ideals by upholding them not when it’s easy, but when it is hard.
- That is why we fight — in hopes of a day when we no longer need to.
- Yes, we can.
That last quote is a favourite and very popular Barack Obama quote.